200-hour yoga teacher training
january - may 2023
Option to take this training virtually!
Become a certified yoga teacher this spring! Our next 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training launches in January. This training is open to EVERYONE whether or not your goal is to instruct. Teacher trainings are enriching experiences and the knowledge gained can enhance your life – or totally change it. Deepen your understanding of the foundations of yoga while developing as a leader and exploring your divine Self.
We are excited to announce that this training will be offered VIRTUALLY to anyone that would like to join us from afar. Please reach out to us with your interest. We can’t wait to meet you!
Graduates of this training will be able to register as a Yoga Alliance RYT-200 teacher and begin instructing a variety of yoga styles.
meet the trainers
KELLI NORGAARD – owner & founder
Kelli holds an E-RYT-500 with Yoga Alliance & a Doctorate in Education from The University of Louisiana at Monroe. She worked 28 years in public education & over the last several years, has had the incredible opportunity to merge her educator & yogi paths together. She now works as an Educator Development Advisor with Breathe For Change. Her goal in opening The Bridge Yoga is to provide a place where ANYone in her community can find a place where they BELONG. Her mission is to help others see that yoga & the tools it provides are truly for ALL people, so she is committed to providing a studio space that is financially, geographically, & culturally accessible to everyone.
CARLA BAZEMORE – Studio Instructor
Carla has an E-RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance & an 800hr certification on the Philosophy, Theory and Practices of Yoga by the Traditional Yoga Studies created by Georg Feuerstein. She has been practicing since 1989 & started to teach yoga in 1998. She owned a yoga studio in Houston, TX called Yoga Lotus, and is the co-author of The Nuts and Bolts of Teaching a Yoga Class. Carla’s goal is to share, inspire, & motivate others to become healthier and happier using the tools yoga has to offer.
Fridays 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Saturdays 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Sundays 12:30 – 5:30 p.m.
*Plus 20 hours of digital learning.
Tuition Total = $2,400
Payment plans available. Must be paid in full before the last day of the program.
The cost of the program includes:
RYT-200 Teaching Certificate
Complimentary membership to The Bridge Yoga for the
duration of the YTT program
Techniques & Training
- Yoga Asana – Vinyasa, Ashtanga and Restorative Yoga
- Pranayama & Subtle Body – Various breath practices and their effects on anatomy and the subtle body
- Meditation – Chanting, Mantras & Mudras
Anatomy & Physiology
- Anatomy – The skeletal system, including the major muscles, joints, and muscle contractions, and their involvement in asana
- Physiology – The nervous system, and how yoga effects the cardiovascular and respiratory systems
- Biomechanics – Joint movement and stabilization, Safe movements
- History – Development of the practice and key terms
- Philosophy – Major yogic texts, including Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, and Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Ethics – Awareness of ethical precepts, Self-reflection
- Teaching Methodology – Sequencing, Environment, Cueing, Presence
- Professional Development – Ethical commitment, Continued Education
- Practice Teaching
interested in learning more?
Email Kelli at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, or are ready to commit to this incredible journey!