Yoga Teacher Training
train at the bridge yoga
August - December 2023
Become a certified yoga teacher this spring! Our next 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training launches in August and is open to EVERYONE whether or not your goal is to instruct. Teacher trainings are enriching experiences and the knowledge gained can enhance your life – or totally change it. Deepen your understanding of the foundations of yoga while developing as a leader and exploring your divine Self.
Earn 150 training hours live and synchronous (in person or online). 50 hours will be offered asynchronously in line with your schedule.
This training is offered VIRTUALLY to anyone that would like to join us from afar. Don’t let geography keep you from chasing this dream. Please reach out to us with your interest. We can’t wait to meet you!
Graduates of this training will be able to register as a Yoga Alliance RYT-200 teacher and begin instructing a variety of yoga styles.
meet the trainers
KELLI SAMMIS – owner & founder
Kelli holds an E-RYT-500 with Yoga Alliance & a Doctorate in Education from The University of Louisiana at Monroe. Her advanced certifications are in Masters of Wisdom & Mediation Training with Davidji and Ayurvedic Health Coach with The Chopra Center. She worked 28 years in public education & over the last several years, has had the incredible opportunity to merge her educator & yogi paths together. Her goal in opening The Bridge Yoga is to provide a place where ANYone in her community can find a place where they BELONG. Her mission is to help others see that yoga & the tools it provides are truly for ALL people, so she is committed to providing a studio space that is financially, geographically, & culturally accessible to everyone.
CARLA BAZEMORE – Studio Instructor
Carla has an E-RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance & an 800hr certification on the Philosophy, Theory and Practices of Yoga by the Traditional Yoga Studies created by Georg Feuerstein. She has been practicing since 1989 & started to teach yoga in 1998. She owned a yoga studio in Houston, TX called Yoga Lotus, and is the co-author of The Nuts and Bolts of Teaching a Yoga Class. Carla’s goal is to share, inspire, & motivate others to become healthier and happier using the tools yoga has to offer.
Fridays 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Saturdays 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sundays 12:30 – 5:00 p.m.
*Plus 20 hours of digital learning
Early Bird Tuition (before 6/15) = $2,200
Tuition Total = $2,400
Option to pay in 6 installments.
The cost of the program includes:
RYT-200 Teaching Certificate
Complimentary membership to The Bridge Yoga for the
duration of the YTT program
Techniques & Training
- Yoga Asana – Vinyasa, Ashtanga and Restorative Yoga
- Pranayama & Subtle Body – Various breath practices and their effects on anatomy and the subtle body
- Meditation – Chanting, Mantras & Mudras
Anatomy & Physiology
- Anatomy – The skeletal system, including the major muscles, joints, and muscle contractions, and their involvement in asana
- Physiology – The nervous system, and how yoga effects the cardiovascular and respiratory systems
- Biomechanics – Joint movement and stabilization, Safe movements
- History – Development of the practice and key terms
- Philosophy – Major yogic texts, including Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, and Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Ethics – Awareness of ethical precepts, Self-reflection
- Teaching Methodology – Sequencing, Environment, Cueing, Presence
- Professional Development – Ethical commitment, Continued Education
- Practice Teaching
Sign up with your deposit:
interested in learning more?
Email Kelli using this form, or at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions about what to expect during and after to this incredible journey!
We also invite you to take a class at our studio if you have not visited us before.